To set up Slack alerts from your Databand cloud environment:
- Go to Settings -> Alert Receivers
- Click the "Add New Receivers" button and follow the on-screen instructions
|Receiver Name||A human-readable receiver name|
|Slack Webhook||Incoming webhook that allows Databand's Alert Manager to send Slack notifications (it will look something like |
|Slack Channel||Name of the Slack channel or user where you would like to receive Slack notifications (e.g. |
Configuring Multiple Slack Receivers
Multiple Slack receivers can be used to route certain alerts to different Slack channels and/or users. This configuration is supported by sending a request to the Databand Cloud Support Team.
- Manage apps by clicking on your workspace's name (top left corner of the Slack UI) → Administration → Manage Apps. The Slack app directory should open in your default browser.
- In the search bar on the top, search for "Incoming WebHooks", and select the "Incoming WebHooks" Slack app. Add this app to your Slack workspace.
- In the drop-down menu, select or create a channel for your Databand alerts. Next, click the "Add Incoming WebHooks integration" button.
- Your Webhook URL is required for alerts. This Webhook URL is specific for the channel and is used only for posting incoming messages. Applications cannot use this webhook to read or edit any messages.
- To verify that your webhook integration was successful, navigate back to your Slack channel. You should see a message like the one below:
Updated about 1 year ago